Garden Stroll Body Wash is a gentle way for family clean without the concern over sulfates, preservatives or additional chemicals. Our skin is the largest bodily organ, and we should understand that whatever we put on it is going to get absorbed into the tissues.
This body wash contains two basic ingredients: castile soap and rosewater.
The choice for the supplier of the soap is Dr. Bronner's liquid castile soap. Their slogan is
"to clean body-mind-soul-spirit instantly uniting One". If that isn't convincing enough, there is no animal testing and it is cruelty free and 100% biodegradable. It is wonderful knowing this soap contains nothing that will harm our health or our waters once it goes down the drain.
The ingredients in the castile soap are:
Water, Organic Coconut Oil*, Potassium Hydroxide**, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Citric Acid, Vit. E.
* CERTIFIED FAIR TRADE INGREDIENTS
** None remains after saponifying oils into soap and glycerin
Note for those with a coconut allergy:
Dr. Bronner's castile soap does contain coconut oil. For those who need an alternative due to a coconut allergy, request the 100% olive oil and castor oil castile soap.
Most liquid soaps are watered down with simply water. This body wash is combined with rosewater.
Roses contain a substantial amount of vitamin C which results in an acidic rosewater helpful in reducing thread veins through the rose's tonic effects on the capillaries. By stimulating blood circulation, skin cells certainly benefit, bringing back that glow. Astringent and antiseptic properties make rosewater a favorite for those with sensitive skin who are seeking a gentle cleanser without added ingredients that could aggravate already irritated or dry skin.
Rosewater is made from roses, distilled water and a bit of alcohol for preservation. The petals are blended with the distilled water and alcohol and placed in the warmth of the sun. Once this infusion turns a delightful pinkish red, our rosewater is ready for use.
Essential oils Lavender and Geranium are a wonderful combination and compliment one another. Both not only have skin-reparative, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial properties that help prevent breakouts, but have an effect on the nervous system that helps relieve feelings of despondency and anxiety. The lovely scent is positive, uplifting, yet calming. When thoughts are jumbled and all over the place, lavender and geranium can help restore balance.
POINTS TO CONSIDER:
1. There are no thickening agents added to actually make this soap a gel, and even though castile soap is concentrated and gives a creamy lather, it may be too runny for some people. Therefore, it is offered in an 8 oz. foam pump type bottle. It will dispense in a foamy consistency so you won't feel it is being wasted by pouring out too much.
2. Being there are no emulsifying agents added to keep the oils in the castile blended with the rosewater, the oils may float on top of the rosewater.
Just remember to periodically gently shake before use.
3. The color of the wash won't be the red you expect with just rosewater. When combined with the castile soap, the color of the wash turns more of a green brown color.
4. If you don't want any added essential oils, just let me know in the message box when you order.
Garden Stroll Body Wash comes in an 8 oz. PET plastic bottle
Natural, environmentally friendly and affordable home remedies and personal body care for the family. Homemade, handmade, organic when possible, all with a touch of the love and wisdom from past generations. Knowledge of what is in your products is the start to taking back control as a consumer.